Recently I asked followers on Instagram if they knew about glamouring. A lot of you had no idea what it was. Quite a few of you wanted to know more and were intrigued by the word itself. The word "glamour" comes to the English language from the Scots. It is said to mean, "magic spell." That is true to a degree, but it is also so much more than that.
Raise your hand if you have seen the movie "The Craft."
If you haven't, I highly recommend busting out the popcorn tonight and renting it (also rent Practical Magic, Sleepy Hollow, and Hocus Pocus if you are needing a witchy fix).
If you have seen it, do you remember the part where the girls are sitting in circle on the floor together trying out their magic abilities. The "good" witch shows them how she can changed her appearance with the slight movement of her hand. She changes her hair and eye color instantly.
The other girls are amazed at this trick, but don't realize that she is just allowing them to see what she wants them to and has she shakes her head, nothing is permanently altered and she returns back to her original state.
Glamouring is just like that, but maybe not so intense that you can completely change your hair color-- you're probably going to have to buy a box of dye for that. It is also used to enhance your natural beauty that is already within you and not designed to completely change everything about you like plastic surgery can.
The Art of Glamouring
Glamouring is an easy way to invoke how you would like to be seen. It is not meant to be used as a way to make you feel bad about yourself and that way you are now. In fact, it should be used for the highest purpose and light for your own personal growth, as well as to make you feel better. You already have these things within you.
Glamouring from Within
The simplest form of glamouring is how a person sees you on the inside. Perhaps you'd like to be seen as more loving, as glowing, or as exuding confidence. The way you want to be perceived should help you grow.
When we want to be seen in this way, first we need to get really clear about what the means to us. I tell clients to imagine themselves as confident or full of love. How would they dress? How would they speak? Does anything about their body language change?
They spend time visualizing and journaling about these things, really listening to their inner teacher. Then, they begin to invoke this energy. They might do a simple spell such as writing this affirmation of, "I exude confidence" or "I exude loving vibrations and attract love." They light a candle and say this affirmation over and over, visualizing themselves as that vibration. Then, their actions follow the energy they have invoked.
Remember, if you want to start anywhere, begin by changing your inner world so that the outer world will be reflected back with what you already have.
Glamouring Your Outer Self
When we want things to change on the outside, such as a new facial structure or to be seen as thinner or more beautiful, that can take a higher form of magick. Glamouring can give the appearance of all of these things and more. However, it all starts with how we perceive ourselves.
The first glimmer of a glamour begins at the subconscious level and that energy emerges in the physical self, followed by the aura. So once again, starting the work on the inside is important.
“As above, so below, as within, so without, as the universe, so the soul.” – Hermes Trismegistus
Once we start to work on the outside, this may require a more advanced spell or potion to truly take affect using the energy of light and hypnotic suggestion. Two things you will also need are focus and personal magnetism to accomplish this task.
Let's say you wanted to appear more beautiful to yourself (first) and others. You'd have to start with your focus and work on your inner world. How would you behave if you felt more beautiful, what would your body language be, what might you wear? A part of your focus would be your intention or affirmation statement that you could say to yourself in the mirror, such as, "I am beautiful." Personal magnetism would come when you performed a spell or created your potion and allowed the energy to settle. I have a very simple spell listed below for you to try, or you can google glamour potions to find one that suits your needs.
Some other very easy ways to enhance your glamour and your natural beauty include:
1. Blessing/enchanting your makeup or morning routine tools. Placing them in the full moon light to charge them with "beauty" or your intention is helpful.
2. Creating a self-love altar. I love making one in the bathroom, on a windowsill, on my vanity, or dresser. It can be very small and include items that make you feel confident, happy, or beautiful (flowers, candles, images of things you love).
3. Have a ritual bath. You might place rosewater, rose petals, rose quartz or other items that symbolize your intention into the bath and allow the water to infuse you.
An Easy Glamouring Spell
Begin on the New Moon, and do this every day until the moon reaches it's zenith (full moon power) or until someone notices the results.
1. Pour fresh Rosewater into a bowl.
2. Sit comfortably in your sacred space and/or in front of your altar.
3. Practice the Priestess Breathing Technique to cleanse your chakras.
4. Close your Eyes and put your palms over the rosewater. Now, think of your ‘illusion’ – what you really want to achieve, either physically or internally.
5. Make these thoughts thick and powerful. See all of the details-- how you look, behave, your body language. Observe how other react with this change. Play with these thoughts and emotions. This is the most important part so take as much time as needed.
6. Now when you are done, wash your face or area of the body with the rosewater.
7. Repeat until someone unintentionally notices or comments on the result.
IMPORTANT: Do not reveal the illusion to anyone. Simply keep silent and don't tell them what you've done.
As far as glamouring is concerned, this is just the beginning. There are plenty of books and articles on the subject if you'd like to dive deeper.
If you have questions, would like book recommendations about glamouring or would like more information, please contact me at email@example.com